Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Help

About a year and a half ago I read the book The Help.  It was one of the most amazing and inspiring books I've ever read.  The slavery issue is something that is so hard for me to comprehend having lived in such a highly populated African American population.

This book was SO well written and I believe a first novel for Kathyrn Stockett.  http://www.kathrynstockett.com/ Visit her website here if you haven't read the book.

Since Elliana is gone Tom and I decided to use some movie passes we had and go see a movie.  We, or rather I decided that I wanted to see The Help.  Tom wanted to see it too, but it wasn't his first choice of movies.

It was the GREATEST movie.  I highly recommend it.  It was one of the best movies I have seen in a very long time.  Probably since The Blind Side....but I think it was even better than that.  I laughed, I cried...I felt so much joy and such sadness.  It truly was amazing and I would go see it again in a heartbeat!  So inspiring.  I hope if you haven't read the book you will, and if you haven't seen the movie, you will.

1 comment:

The Shaikh/D'Lima family said...

Emily, I loved the book and the movie as well. I was half-way through the book when I found out the movie was going to be released mid-August. I finished the book and then a friend (who had also read the book) and I went to watch the movie, it was brilliant!!! I wasn't quite sure what to expect and didn't want to be disappointed with the movie, but I think the movie was so well made and it added to the novel.