Friday, August 6, 2010

Single Mommy

Tonight was my first real night back as a single Mommy! It wasn't easy that's for sure! In fact as I sit here, I am crying. I don't know how mom's do this all the time, because it is so hard! By 7 I was just ready to be done for the day. Elli was driving me nuts, I had run all day long...and I was/am very tired! Tom has been studying all week this week, but tonight is the first night that he stayed late at the school; we met him for dinner and grabbed a subway sandwich. It is going to be a hard adjustment, not only for me, but for Elli. She stands at the stairs and just cries for her daddy.

We enjoyed having Tom home for the summer, but are glad he is back at school, doing what he loves! Can't wait till this part of school is over so he can do the hands on stuff! More of an 8-5 type deal...not a 7-midnight. ;)

On a side note...
We are dealing with HORRIBLE problems with Health and Welfare at the Castlerock office. Yesterday I went to pick up some medications, only to find out I don't have insurance...hello what? If that isn't bad enough, it gets worse. Because we are full time students, and I unable to work...we get Food Stamps. They never sent in or did our recertification paperwork that I turned in, in MAY!!!!!!!! It's now August people! So we haven't been able to buy food (without using our money) since June. It's SO stressful, and I know I was not a great Mommy to Elli today because I was just stressed and not so nice. So, my Love Bug, Mommy is very sorry! Please forgive and know that tomorrow will be a better day!

Because of what we are dealing with there...and their lack of not accomplishing anything, I asked to talk to someone higher up. They said to call the Governor's Office, so I did, hopefully we can get some help for someone before we have to use too much of our money. We live on such a tight budget!

Tomorrow is going to be a better day...I need to start packing, we move in less than 3 weeks and I have not packed a SINGLE box!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hopefully it will get better and then dr. hours are not that great either!!! Just remember this too shall pass! Unfortunately other stresses come!!! Just savor the moments!!! There will be a time when you when think to yourself or say--Wow, I wish we could go back to when Tom was in school, Life seemed so UNSTRESSFUL then!!! xxoxo love you!

Ilez said...

It really is hard to be alone with a child all day! I hope that it gets better for you though.
That's horrible about your food stamps. I can't believe they did that. I hope they shape up and start getting those food stamps to you.
You're moving again? Where are you moving to!

Jeff, Crystal & Hudson said...

Emily! If you ever get lonely call me! I am just going to be at home all day while Jeff is at law school! We can keep each other company! :) I'm excited to see you in September!