Sunday, May 15, 2011

"Alexander (Emily) and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day..."

One of Elliana's new favorite books is Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.  I really enjoy reading the book with her, and she thinks it is very funny!  But today, I feel a lot like Alexander.  I am having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day!  : (

It all started when Tom had to go to school (yes, on a Sunday).  He has a mandatory Kaplan course going on right now, and he needs to be there, and he goes.  I am glad he's going, I really am.  But it just makes my Sunday's very long being in Sacrament with Elliana and then going to Primary to take care of 5, 4 year olds.  I was stressed and the meeting went long, which meant singing time was cut short, which is bad for little ones, they need the singing time to unwind.  Primary went off pretty well, but the kids were all pretty antsy.

Yesterday was a great day, I found the place where we want to rent!  It is a house in Springville, about ten miles from Provo, and a single family house!  3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, recently renovated!  I was SO excited, Spencer (my little brother) went and looked at it and said, you should definitely get the house, it's great!  I was thrilled, decided this is what I really wanted, and decided to fill out the application.  Well, we aren't the only ones wanting it, and he's processing 3 other applications, and is showing it 5 times tomorrow!  I just want to cry!  This is where I want to live, I feel like it's the right place for us.  But I feel like it's just going to fall through, and I dont' think I can handle the disappointment.  I'm already pretty distraught about leaving Denver, because I really love it here!  And then, to have this house slip from my grasp is really hard!

Today I just feel alone, I know I have my Father in Heaven who is always there for me, but I just wish I was closer to family, or had my best friends close by to talk to.

We all have a bad day every once in a while, luckily, tomorrow is another day, and hopefully a much better one!

3 comments:

Laura said...

We will keep the house you want in our prayers all week! Good luck! I have days like that too! Like the last two days that I spent getting over food poisoning, which is never fun, but very scary when you are 31 weeks pregnant! Have a great week with your little cutie! ~Laura

Jeff, Crystal & Hudson said...

Good Luck with the house hunting! I Hope every thing works out for you guys!

Laura Cook said...

So sorry about the house in Springville. You may still get it. Even if you don't, you WILL find something else :D. I'm sure its super stressful trying to find a place here when you are so far away!