Saturday, September 17, 2011

A baby.....

So here's the story for those who want to know....

About 3 weeks ago, I was having lunch with my cousin Laura and told her how I felt like my stomach was growing, if you've never been pregnant, you won't know what I'm talking about, and you'll probably think I'm nuts like my husband.  I said, I'm almost positive I'm pregnant, we were getting ready to go to Lagoon, and I decided to wait and take a pregnancy test.  Thinking it's nothing, there's NO way I am pregnant.  I'm not ready for a baby (thankfully you have 9 months to prepare).

A few days later, I took a test, it was positive....so of course, I took another one, it was positive too.  I screamed, called Tom, and he was taken about, why was I crying. My hope was that Elliana would at least be sleeping consistently through the night.  Tom is working with an OBGYN right now for his rotations, they take our insurance so we scheduled an appointment.  Sure enough, there's a baby.  I'm 8 weeks, so still really early, and the only reason I'm sharing so early is because a few people have had to know, because I'm SO SO SO sick!

Morning sickness, night sickness, day sickness....you name it, I have it.  I've lost 13 lbs, and just feel SICK all the time.  I have a really hard time getting up and going, and I spend a lot of time laying down.  Zofran is my new best friend, and I take it religiously every 6 hours (that's an anti-nausea medication).  It helped a LOT at first, now it just takes the edge off.  Elliana is excited kind of, but yesterday we had another Dr. appointment and I told Elliana we were going to see the baby and she responded "no thanks Mom, I don't want the baby".  At least she was polite?!?!  I think she'll be a great big sister, and I'm hoping life will get a LOT better in the next few weeks if I can stop being sick.

I've had lots of people ask if I felt like this with Elliana, and the answer is no.  I had a few sick days where I didn't feel well, but it was more towards the end.  With her I was just really tired....could sleep all the time.  This time, I'm not super tired (like more than usual), just sick.

So, there you have it.  Baby Duncan 2 is on the way.  My new due date I was informed last night by my husband is April 30.  I do plan on having a VBac and my Dr. is VERY supportive of that, which is great, because not everyone here in Utah is.

7 comments:

Stacie Couch said...

Congratulations Emily! That is so exciting! I hope you start to feel better soon, hopefully as you get closer to 2nd tri :) Keep us updated on how things are going!

The Shaikh/D'Lima family said...

Congratulations Emily! Great news!!! Hope you feel better soon. In case you didn't know this already, you can buy a gift for Elli from the baby and take it with you to the hospital. She'll be most excited that the baby got her a present and will hopefully help them bond. Also, you can take Elli to get the baby something special. All the best with your pregnancy.

Danielle, JK, Kendon & Boston said...

Congrats that is so exciting! With both of my pregnancies I was sick like you! If I did not take Zofran I would literally throw up every 15 minutes! Life was miserable...and it lasted for me the full 9 months. I hope that is not the case for you! When do you take your Zofran? I would take mine right before bed and that seemed to be the best for me! Good luck with everything and Congrats!!

Meg said...

CONGRATS!! I am so excited for you, but I hope you get feeling better! Your pregnancy so far sounds EXACTLY like how I felt with Noah-so maybe Baby Duncan 2 is a boy!! Good luck with everything!!!

Jenn Duncan said...

Congratulations! We are very excited for you. Sorry the sickness is so bad. Mine was pretty bad too. Hope you can find some relief soon!

Hilary said...

Congratulations! I was really sick with Lydia for the 1st trimester. The reason I went to the doctor was because I couldn't keep anything down! I was on Zofran also. I don't know how I would have done that with another child because all I did was lay around ALL day basically haha. Good luck!!!

Sarah said...

Wow! That is so exciting, congrats- you need to call me so we can talk about this. Are you coming to visit any time soon?