Monday, April 16, 2012

Testing

I've been having really bad headaches for the last week or so, but the headache hasn't gone away since Friday.  When I was at the pharmacy today I decided to check my blood pressure.  It was extremely high, especially for me, 148/86.  I normally run about 90/60.  I decided to call my Dr, who sent me directly to Labor and Delivery for monitoring.  My BP slowly went down over the hour and a half I was there, and I got a "normal" reading of 128/88.  My Dr. was at the hospital and stopped by, because of my high BP and my headache he is worried about preeclampsia.  They are running the tests now and I should have results by Wednesday, I will keep everyone posted.  If I am diagnosed with preeclampsia, we will be having a baby very shortly there-after...and if not, then we'll just keep waiting, but my due date is about 10 days away, so we're getting close!  Can't wait to meet my little girl!  We are very excited to have her join our family!

No comments: