Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sippy Cups are for babies...

Tom and I have decided that it's time for the sippy cups to go away!  Elliana has grown FAR too attached for her own good!  So this morning, I decided was the time (after getting up 3 times last night, or was it 4, to fill up her sippy), that they were going away!  This morning we had a little talk, with Daddy and we decided sippy cups are for babies, and Elliana is a big girl.  We got a grocery sack and had her put them all in the bag, saying good-bye to her sippy cups.  Then she threw them away (not really, I will get them out later, because they are SO pricey), and I thought she was good!  Til, about 10 minutes ago when she threw the biggest fit because she wants a sippy cup, and says they're not for babies.  Poor kid!  She'll live and I know this will help all around, and hopefully it will help her sleep a little better, and eat better to, because she won't constantly have a sippy with milk.  We've decided she can still keep her "drink" sippy, which is a clear sippy cup that she has Crystal Light in for a little while.  Wish us luck, tonight is likely to be awful!

I can't lie, I cried a little as she was so excited to get rid of her sippy cups, what happened to my baby?!?!  She is no longer a baby.  She's getting so big and cracks me up EVERY day!

On to another topic.... We went swimming the other night, and while we were at the pool (hot tub) we were getting ready to leave and Tom asked Elliana to put on her sandals.  She looked at him and in her sassy little 2 year old voice said, "dad, they're not sandals, DUH, they're flip flops".  I'm sorry, hello what?  Then, she was walking home, with her hooded towel around her head and holding it around her body and looks at me and says, "I'm so cool Mom".  We love our little girl!  To many more happy memories miss Elliana Mae!

3 comments:

The Clark's said...

Dang girl! Your brave god luck, I have been pondering how suuppy cups are basically bottles for my girls too but I am way tO nervous to get rid of em! We are struggling with the potty :( but I am hoping to cut down on them...

The Stewart said...

That is so cute! I love the little attitude! Good luck with the sippy cups. That is what we had to do with Jacob's bottle when he had just turned 2. It was the same way, he kept waking up. We had him throw it away and it was kind of cold turkey, so hopefully Elliana is like that too!

Rebecca said...

Well no wonder she gets up 3 times a night to pee! She's chugging 3 sippy cups all night long! Striking those will CERTAINLY help with that! Carrie was used to having a sippy of water in bed with her, but since we started potty training, I only put about an inch of water in it at bedtime. Just enough that she can have a few sips while she's going to sleep, but she won't pee the bed!